At Tongwynlais Dental Care it is our priority to keep patients and our team members safe and well, we are following government guidelines and continuing with covid screening. We want to thank all our wonderful patients for their support and loyalty during the pandemic at this difficult time. We want everyone to feel confident and safe in the dental environment, and the information below describes what to expect at your next appointment at Tongwynlais Dental Care.
Safety practice information
- Out practice is open and welcoming patients.
- Our top priority is safety for patients and our team, we have various measures in place following government guidelines.
- We allow extra time to thoroughly clean and disinfect treatment rooms between each patient.
- We have installed air purifiers and air ventilation fans within treatments room where aerosol generating procedures (AGP) are taking place to purify the air.
- Our reception team are behind protective screens at reception for everyone’s safety.
- There is reduced seating in the waiting area.
- There are extra hand gel points throughout the practice.
- There are fewer appointments per day.
- Non-clinical areas of the practice are regularly sanitised throughout the day.
- All staff have been double vaccinated.
In preparation for your appointment
- We will send you information prior to your appointment, this may include completing registration forms via email, please complete remotely.
- Please arrive at your appointment no earlier than 5 minutes before the appointment time.
- Please come to your appointment alone where possible.
- All patients are screened for symptoms before entering the practice and you will be asked to wear a face covering.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands and we may take your temperature.
- As you enter the building you may be asked to leave your belongings in a plastic sanitised box provided, depending on the procedure.
- Please follow the team member who will escort you to the treatment room when called.
- Social distancing will take place where possible. Within the treatment room this is not possible and additional PPE will be worn for the right care and service, our friendly team will still be smiling behind their masks.
- When your treatment is complete you will be asked to replace your face covering and collect your belongings and will be escorted from the room by a team member.
- Payment will be made at reception or via a stripe link that you will receive via a text message.
Very best wishes,
The Tongwynlais Dental Care Team